Home

Loud engine noise and loss of power

Sudden loss of power, loud ticking noise - help

Sudden loss of power, loud ticking noise - help! Thread starter tdykes1234; Start date Jul 7, 2013; Jul 7, 2013 #1 tdykes1234. Proven Member. 70 0 Feb 12, 2013 Loss of power after warmup + engine noise. volkstroker; Dec 25, 2010; Maintenance & Repairs; Replies 7 Views 2K. Jan 28, 2011. volkstroker. Question; Loss of power 4.7, 114k miles. Most tune up maintenance is up to date. No CEL. I've noticed a few random times lately when accelerating from a stop an obvious loss of power and the engine sounds much louder, almost a roaring noise. I've experienced a very similar occurrence in my 4.0 Tacoma in heavy stop and go traffic in extreme heat if you hear this noise at idle and the oil is full remove the engine drive belt if you still hear this noise the noise you are hearing is a bottom end crank bearing failure either due to dirty or low engine oil or it just failed at this point the engine would need to be replaced or rebuilt i am sorry to sa

4.7 intermittent loss of power and loud roaring engine ..

1. utes and all the sudden the problem is gone and the engine is back to sounding like normal
  2. Very Loud Popping Sound, Loss of Power and Speed on B & S Engine i have a troy bilt pedal drive lawn tractor (model LTX-1842) with a briggs and stratton 18 hp I/C OHV engine (model 31D777, type 0233E1)... the engine has a very loud popping sound...the lawn mower doesn't move as fast as it once did, and when the blades are engaged, loss of power..
  3. The Symptom: Engine hesitates, and a popping sound comes from the engine. When you step on the gas, the engine bogs down or takes a second to respond. You may notice a general lack of power. The problem may occur when the engine is hot or cold or when you are low on fuel. The popping noise tells you something isn't right
  4. It's happened about 5 times now where it will develop a loud squealilng/whining noise from the engine area, and it'll lose a ton of power. I've babied it through, and when the noise stops the power returns. I do have a 4 exhaust, and a PPE tuner, but it did it several times before either of these was added. The truck has about 50k on it now
  5. Yesterday my engine started a rattle noise and lost power so I pulled over, oil level fine, so I restarted it and no rattle but idle started racing and it stalled, sounded like butterfly opened up on its own. I restarted it again and it seemed OK except when I drove it had no power. Then the ETC and engine light came on
Turn The Volume Down! | The PediaBlog

A loud exhaust is likely due to an open pipe. An open pipe could be the cause of fluctuations or inconsistencies in the power curve or power delivery. The intermittent nature of this condition is weird, but why not focus on a possible defect in that aftermarket pipe as an issue Dec 18, 2012. #18. A head gasket failure would generally present with VERY different symptoms. Overheating, severe coolant loss, maybe oil loss, white exhaust smoke, etc. A blown/damaged/leaking element in the PCV system would explain the sound, lack of power, and (new) oil smell symptom I was thinking loss of boost and loud sucking noise could be attributed to bad hoses, but puking degas too? Not to mention the loss of heat, which was never an issue for two years before it started. Plus the noticeable loss in power, even after I unhooked the trailer for the day Engine noise and loss of power. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 15 of 15 Posts. A If it's making an extremely loud clicking at idle, it's the purge valve. You can also remove the line from the valve that connects to the intake manifold, cap off the ends, and take it for a short drive to see if it runs better.. My 2009GT has engine noise and losing power above 2500 RPM. I'm not even sure if this is the correct forum to post to, but I am looking for some suggestions on what I should be checking for. I made a YouTube video of the sound it is making. Any feedback would be helpful

Diagnosing and fixing an engine that is experiencing a catastrophic loss of power, extreme engine knock and vibration, and a rough uneven idle.Want to suppor.. After accelerating from the first stop, there is a noticeable lack of power. While driving the next mile or so, this loss of power is more pronounced. It is a smooth loss of power, no jerky motions, no violent misfires, just a lack of power and acceleration. At this point, I figure the check engine light should be on 1 Answer Ticking noise coming from engine, loss of power, runs very rough! Added a 1/4 inch spacer below the injectors for better gas milage. It ran great for 2 days then on the third day, loss power and clicking noise started If I let off the gas a little, it wouldn't act like it was dying out, but I couldn't accelerate. Sometimes I would hear a loud popping noise coming from the engine, I think it was coming from the driver's side when this would happen. A couple times it would pop, then I could accelerate a little bit, but most of the time I still lost some power

2004 1.8T AWM, tiptronic, 168,000 miles. Today I was driving home and while accelerating felt a slight loss in power. When I stepped on the gas, it sounded as though the engine was working really hard, but making no power, much like you would experience if you were in a low gear and didn't upshift check hoses from the compresser side of the turbo to the tb. Loss of power with a sort of wistleing noise I'm guessing split or fell off, if it is you can drive but you will that the power of a 50cc moped and no air filter so not really recomended. Trust. 3 Mar 2012 at 21:13. #16

Loud knocking sound and loss of power

The noise will mostly stay the same with a little increase in volume as engine speed increases. Knocking here is caused by failed crankshaft bearings and is mostly caused from loss of oil pressure or running the engine without enough oil. There are a few knocking noises that may not originate from worn engine internal parts and low oil pressure E39 M5 and E52 Z8 Discussion. Help needed -Engine noise, power loss, and idle vibration. Jump to Latest Follo Roaring sound, no power, vehicle can barely reach 30mph, loud noise has existed for long time (several years) and the power problem usually resolved after about 5 minutes. This is a defect. I found hundreds of owners complaining of same problem on line. Dealer replaced fan clutch

Loud noise and loss of power Sea-Doo Foru

1. Another possible, though not common, cause for loss of engine power during acceleration is failure of the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve. The EGR valve allows a measured amount of exhaust gases at higher-than-idle engine speeds to re-enter the engine to reduce engine high temperature and harmful emissions
  2. Discussion Starter · #1 · Apr 23, 2017. Hello my friends. I was travelling from my home in Edinburgh to Manchester, got about half way I hear a loud rattling and a stammer of loss of power, I pulled over straight away, my oil needs a change light has been on for about a week, The AA guy says I need a new engine. Is he right!
  3. Sudden loud noise from exhaust/engine. Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Sudden power loss under hard acceleration. gcX, Aug 13, Views: 1,455. dolj Apr 28, 2020. Suddenly Loud valve noise and poor mpg and power. stealthvw, Jan 12, 2014, in forum: Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
  4. Loud engine/fan noise; Loss of power (4.7L 2001 Durango) Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 18 of 18 Posts. R. RangoBus II · Registered. Joined Mar 16, 2009 · 27 Posts . Discussion Starter · #1 · Mar 16, 2009. Not quite sure what has been going on with the wife's 2001 4.7L Durango..
  5. My '07 V6 was throwing some engine codes for a while (misfires, ignition coil-related). Today suddenly when driving, the engine started sounding like a large-displacement bike V-Twin with no muffler - very loud raspy noise accompanied by a loss of power. I could barely accelerate to 30 mph and the nose gets terribly loud
  6. knocking noise in engine and loss of power. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 16 of 16 Posts. S. styxnsk1n · Registered. Joined Sep 2, 2012 · 6 Posts . Discussion Starter · #1 · Sep 2, 2012. Hello, I am new to this forum..

Very Loud Popping Sound, Loss of Power and Speed on B & S

Discussion Starter · #1 · Oct 3, 2014. 01 LB7, only non stock is air intake.I was pulling an average size boat when I got a check engine light and lost power. I could ease it up to 50 mph but if I pushed it then back down to no power. Pulled into a parts store,changed fuel filter and they analyzed it. Said it was the fuel pressure regulator The knocking noise is from the engine getting too hot and causing a detonation sound. If there is a crack in the block, then it could be from a piston rod that broke off. The loss of power is when the engine had not enough coolant to operate properly and caused the engine to overheat and not burn the fuel properly If you're driving around in a modern car with engine knock, checking the knock sensor is an important part of the diagnostic process. 2. Rod Knock: Worn Bearings. Another type of engine knock is rod knock. As the pistons travel up and down in the engine, they turn the crankshaft which ultimately sends power to the wheels I have a Husqvarna MZ 2552 zero turn with a 25hp Kohler Command engine. It developed a dull popping noise under load (especially uphill) and loss of power. If you are familiar with old vee dubya bugs it sounds like a bug with loose heads Re: Loss of power...and a loud knocking!!! You could swap around the coil packs. If the character of the missfire changes then you know its one of the coils. Unburnt fuel in the catalyst will register as faults. You might well get a Lambda fault, but dont be (too) fooled as its likely to be the unburnt fuel

How to Troubleshoot Engine Problems by Soun

I started up the car in the morning and was driving about 35 mph about a mile from the house. I was accelerating when suddenly there's a huge loss of power. The car will accelerate but only very slowly. I limped it back home. I now hear a rattling sound coming from the engine bay Home Forums > Drivetrain & Performance > Engine Topic > loud clattering, power loss and poor idle Discussion in ' Engine Topic ' started by 73Camaro383 , Nov 3, 2012

Loss of power and sucking/hissing noise. I am now aware that every time the sudden loss of power strikes, it is accompanied by a hiss or sucking noise so I assume it is air/vacuum related. This happened to my allroad 2.5tdi after 1 month of ownership. I had to overtake a parked lorry on the side of the road. Booted it and whammo. No power. Lots of noise. Pulled over and checked for boost leaks, oil or gearbox fluid leaks. The engine was running so rough and there was a rhythmic thud coming from the air filter housing It is a 96 pontiac grand am 3.1 V6 SE. It is automatic. The ticking increases as I accelerate. I only noticed the loss of power the past few days. Is the rocker cover the metal over the engine? I will check with for where the sound is loudest once I get home from work tonight. Could it be a spark plug down causing the loss of power? Thank

It happened the other way round. You didn't check your oil level and keep it topped up because you probably haven't changed your oil and filter for ages. You engine becomes worn and burns its oil reducing its quality to the point it no longer prot.. Possible clue: I notice that the valve noise is a bit quieter when the engine is on but not charging the hybrid battery as when it is making heat. The noise is worse at idle and low speed. On highway, no passing power, system seems to not try enough to charge the battery and it gets to 1 or2 purple bars 330e loud fan noise and loss of power. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 2 of 2 Posts. T. t1m4 · Registered. Joined Jun 16, 2020 · 1 Posts . Discussion Starter · #1 · Jun 16, 2020 (Edited) Hi, New to the forum and have got an issue with my 330e which I've had for the last 6 months.. my 2002 gt has a very loud ticking sound when im driving, i dont know what it might be. My guess would be a crack in the exhaust manifold but i was told i have a blown exhaust gasket. has any one had this problem before? its very noticible of power loss and throttle response is delayed this might be cause its been 150K miles without a tune up The focus of this chapter is on noise and noise-induced hearing loss in theU.S. military.The committee was asked to identify sources of potentially damaging noise in the military setting and to review and assess available evidence on hearing loss incurred by members of the armed services as a result of noise exposure during military service since World War II

Help: - Loud whining noise/loss of power DuramaxDiesels

rattle noise, loss of power, etc and engine light/ 86,000

1. The motor has started making a 'ticking' noise. The speed of the ticking changes with the RPM of the engine but the noise is always there once it starts making the noise. I don't feel any unusual vibration and the engine does not get hot or loose power. I had to run the engine about 10 miles to get back to the boat launch with it making this noise
  2. More often than not when it gets warmer out I notice this load fan noise and a low acceleration when pulling away from a complete stop. It's like a loss of power. I feel like everyone around me can hear it and it's embarrassing. It's like the engine is loud idk. Does anyone have this same prob..
  3. Apr 16, 2010. #1. A few months ago I'm driving home and heard a pop like a balloon and lost all power to my 2000 Jetta TDI with 200+k miles on it. It would idle just fine, but as soon as I pressed the gas pedal it would sputter. After towing it home I pulled found the intercooler hose below the washer fluid bottle popped off
  4. The 2011 Chevrolet Cruze has 5 problems reported for accelerator issues with loss of power. Average failure mileage is 49,700 miles
  5. Ma Nissan Rogue makes whining noise when I accelerate: Rattling or whistling noise generated by the turbo; If you have a power loss that comes with the rattling noise when you accelerate with your Nissan Rogue, it is plausible that your turbo is declining and some of its parts are at the end of their life. Check it and replace it if it is the reason, otherwise you risk clogging your engine in.
  6. I have a 2017 Polaris Ranger 500 2600 miles on it. I am disabled so I go very easy no four wheeling. Suddenly lost power and a loud noise, slowed down the noise stopped. Towed it home checked the oil was on the full mark. Had an oil change done the month before. It starts right up no noise, when you step on the gas it makes the noise

Posts: 174. 3.0 tremendous loss of power. Hi ive been havin some issues. I have a 2000 ranger 3.0 flex fuel 268k. Been hearing rattling cant tell if its a rattle or a tick though. Sounds like its coming from convertor. Got check engine light scanned was o2 sensor. Replaced it. Didnt change nothing Between 90 and 95 dB, hearing loss can occur, if noise exposure is sustained. OSHA sets legal limits on noise exposure in the workplace. These limits are based on a worker's time weighted average. 5. Bad Engine Noise. Loud knocking or rattling sounds could indicate valve train, connecting rod/bearing, pressure sensor, or oil filter issues. It would be best for you not to attempt restarting the machine if your engine noise sounds severe. Investigate what is causing the engine noise, and prepare to pull down your quad in the process

Loud/noisy and loss of power Kawasaki KLR Foru

Typically, noise ratings increase along with the power and size of the generator. However, you don't always have to sacrifice power to reduce the noise level. If you need to focus on noise reduction when you run diesel generators, consider some of the most effective solutions: Built-In Noise Contro BMW 320d turbo failure symptoms: lack of power, smoke white or black, underboost, whistle, over revving when hard accelerate, limp mode over 50mph on the motorway, siren sound, rattling sound, warning light and loss of power, overboost when cross 70mph, loud turbo whistle, turbo whistle, check engine light, sluggish on acceleration, turbo is making grinding noise, whistling sound when. 2008 6.4l loss of power, heavy black smoke with blue tint. but i have to do it myself. i can really hear a hissing air noise bad under the truck, sounds like coming from the exhaust filter area.. What about those re circulating pipes at the rear, could one of those braided couplers cause this and the air sucking noise ? the check engine. But this problem is hardly at all CBR SC33 models? I can understand that the engine must have some rpm before it take off, but It also do this in 1.gear, however in some smaller degree, but still I can't give full throttle without the noise and lack of power. Can't believe it is supposed to do like that

2013 1.4 loss of power on acceleration. Tags 2013 acceleration loss power. Jump to Latest Follow but not quite as loud. I also noticed the check engine light was on. But they didn't mention anything about abnormal engine noise or ticking. I picked up the car and drove it about 80 miles averaging about 75-80mph hoping it would get the. noisy rattle. 535. Report. Follow. Asked by fire10 Feb 28, 2012 at 10:12 PM about the 1999 Ford Explorer 4 Dr XLT AWD SUV. Question type: Maintenance & Repair. There is a noisy rattle that increases and decreases with the speed of the engine. Quite loud A leaking exhaust can also play havoc with your engine's control systems, causing a loss of power, mileage or both. Get your car into the repair shop right away! Worn Engine Bearings. When the engine bearings are starting to wear out, they will let you know it, loud and clear, in the form of a constant knocking sound under your hood I've searched this forum as well as some others and I've read a lot about loss of power and increased exhaust noise in the engine compartment , but they all seem to revolve around cold weather. Mine does it when towing a 3500 lb trailer in 70 degree weather. I recently purchased a 2001 7.3l 250..

Rushing air sound and loss of power? AnandTech Forums

Loud noise and loss of power. Thread starter diggles; Start date Jan 19, 2016; D. diggles New Member. Jan 19, 2016 #1 I have had my bike for two weeks. I travel 6 miles each way to work. Takes about 20 minutes tops. I charge my battery while at work 58 Posts. Discussion Starter · #1 · Jan 24, 2011. Hey, driving my truck to school this morning all of the sudden it got loud and the egt's dropped to nothing. Sounds almost like a exhaust leak when under power. Idles good, no check engine light, nothing shows up on the scanner, I have a block plate in, a aftermarket exhaust and intake These symptoms have just started, checked for engine fault codes but none were in the system. It's a funny noise, like a tapping but not so metallic, I did wonder if fluid could make it but don't think so. Noise isn't there at tick over (which is normal) add a few revs and in it comes, it's loud enough to be heard inside the car as it's driven

6.0 loud sucking sound and loss of power. The Diesel Sto

Engine noise and loss of power Chevrolet Cruze Forum

A number of the power loss-related problems we just listed will cause your malfunction indicator lamp, aka the check engine light, to switch on. Heed it. Heed it. Many of the issues it detects relate to power loss -- including problems with the catalytic converter, the mass airflow sensor, the O 2 sensor or the spark plug wires noise can cause distraction, fatigue, irritability, startle responses, sudden awakening and poor sleep quality, loss of appetite, headache, vertigo, nausea, and impair concentration and memory. •Speech interference: Loud noise can interfere with or mask normal speech, making it diffi cult to understand After passing about 5 miles later had to make a turn and noticed loss of power. I got home and heard tapping and knocking. No smoke, Oil level and pressure or good, NO ENGINE LIGHT which is making me mad. Feels like I am towing one heavy trailer when driving. Tapping does not stop at any RPM. Sounds like coming from #1 cylinder

Besides the rough idle the truck has lost major power and when I do step on it, the intake noise is loud, like its not getting enough air. I can get the truck to any speed I like, but it just takes a bit longer and I can hear the engine ping a bit too. Things I have done:-Cleaned MAF sensor-Replaced MAF with known good sensor -another 99 prerunne Noise-induced hearing loss is an irreversible, sensorineural condition that progresses with exposure. . This noise-induced hearing loss is caused by damage to nerve cells of the inner ear. Needless to say, this makes positively identifying the source of the noise difficult. I guess the question now is, what other than the alternator can make this kind of sound? I was driving on the interstate, and after less than two minutes, a loud noise started in the engine compartment or dashboard

Loss of Engine Performance --If the pipes in the exhaust system become damaged or corroded, they can sometimes produce an exhaust leak that can cause the vehicle to experience performance issues, such as a decrease in power, acceleration, and fuel efficiency due to the loss of backpressure Harley Davidson Dyna Glide: Engine Noise Diagnostic Guide. The Harley V-twin engine is characteristically noisy. Many owners find themselves fretting over engine sounds that clatter, tick, and rattle, but experience no ride-ability issues or loss of performance The engine starts and runs, but I can't hear the turbo now and there is only limited power. I had the car towed to a VW dealer here in the Salt Lake area (local Trusted Mechanics were back logged). The dealer wants to rebuild the turbo for $1700 (includes oil change etc.) because they claim it is bad distinct loss of power when accelerating; high fuel consumption; when accelerator is depressed over half way there is a blowing sound (accompanied by the loss of power) I thought it might be the exhaust system blocked or had a hole somewhere. I took it to the local garage who checked it out and said that was fine

My Riding Mower Backfires & Has a Loss of Power. A backfire is a loud boom or bang that occurs when the engine slows rapidly. A backfire can be caused by events such as shutting down the engine. V70 T5 Whistling noise, loss of power. i was driving, and went to pass someone, so i pressed the accelerator down pretty hard and about halfway through the rev, i heard a pop, the card then slowed, but i finished the drive with no smoke, etc. I then experienced periodic engine shakes at idle, and a dramatic loss of engine power, also there is. Sudden loss of power at ~80mph. Change in engine tone (mechanically slightly louder, but not rattly). Smoke escaping from engine (and into the interior). Thick white smoke coming from oil cap when removed (like shisha smoke!) Engine oil at same level as beginning of journey, no major leaks, no change in colour or consistency. Before the breakdow

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee engine knocking sound, loss of power, need guidance; Compression and oil pressure would be good to check to ensure engine health. Included below is video for checking on rod knock but it would be strange for it to be completely gone without AC even when you step on throttle and create load that way 2017 x3 with Evo 93r tune. Normally runs great On race today, starting making a loud air noise while accelerating and the motor lost about half of its power. Consistently did that the rest of the race. All tubes and lines are still hooked up and look good. Any ideas

Volkswagen Golf Mk5 1.6 FSI - Loss of power & loud noise coming from the engine. Hi guys, My 07 plate golf is been running really bad for last few months. It has massive loss of power and the revs doesn't go over 2500-3000 RPM(feels like something's blocked). It's also always making very loud noise and vibrating pretty bad. Had a scan done few weeks ago and the fault codes came up was. 21. Jun 24, 2013. #1. I have a Hustler Super Z zero turn mower with 60 deck and kawasaki engine. Lately, the mower loses power when under any load (accelerating or going uphill), and when cutting grass. It seems to have come on fairly quickly, and when I first noticed it, the mower was running weakly until I heard a sound from the engine, at. Common Sources of Noise and Decibel Levels. Sound is measured in decibels (dB). A whisper is about 30 dB, normal conversation is about 60 dB, and a motorcycle engine running is about 95 dB. Noise above 70 dB over a prolonged period of time may start to damage your hearing. Loud noise above 120 dB can cause immediate harm to your ears 2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40. Joined Mar 14, 2016. ·. 3,179 Posts. #5 · Oct 31, 2017. That's a dealer trip for sure. There is another user on here reporting a loss of power scenario. Strange you are not getting an engine power reduced or check engine light which makes me think less electrical or sensed and more mechanical

Engine noise and loss of power Ford Mustang Foru

Comments for sudden partial loss of power and loud clacking noise. Average Rating . Click here to add your own comments. Dec 20, 2016 Rating: Mercruiser 3.0 by: Mani Same thing happened to my mercruiser 3.0 engine (2010)Not sure what happened but I hear engine miss fire and when in neutral it shakes so bad and goes off Have changed the spark. Power Steering Pump Whine Fix. The solution is easier if this is just a fluid thing. But a worn out or damaged component will make you cough up some dough. Here are the ways to fix power steering pump noise: Refill the Fluid. Open the hood when the engine is completely cold. The cap of the tank will have 'power steering' written on it there is a loud noise coming form engine like a rattle after the vehicle has been driven a short period and has reached a hot temperature. noise gets louder and more consistent as vehicle continues to be driven. vehicle is consuming an inordinate amount of oil and experiencing a loss of power. view details; oct 29, 2018 - ringoes, mt - engine A firearm or rifle generates approximately 150 dB of noise. A jet engine will generate approximately 140 dB of noise. Artillery generates approximately 185 dB of noise. In 2013, over 400,000 veterans of Afghanistan and Iraq suffered hearing loss related to their military service, especially those caught in roadside bombs Discussion Starter · #1 · Jun 27, 2017 (Edited) 09 Traverse AWD. Ok, I am having a hard time diagnosing this problem. Just this morning when accelerating from a stop my car seemed to have no power (not hesitation or sputtering) and high rpms. Once I finally get up to speed I don't have a problem but if I need to accelerate I have the same.

Even when leaving exhaust sound out of the equation, the noise still present from your bike's transmission, drive train, airbox, and mechanical engine noise is enough to make your ears ring. Bikes with CVT transmissions are particularly noisy, where bikes with manual transmissions make for much better candidates as silent rides Ford F-150 (2004-2008) :: 2007 - Loss Of Power And Ticking Noise Jan 8, 2013. 07 f150 screw 5.4 104+ miles, loss of power and ticking noise (sounds like no oil)on passengers side, no engine light, no codes, ford dealer changed coil packs and plugs, inspected valve gear on passengers side and nothing seemed out of spec, no broken springs, followers, lifters, manifolds on both sides have been.

Mil Power Near-Field Noise Not to scale 35 ft Flow Area 124 125 127 132 126 133 132 143 145 Left Engine 10% ETR Near Field Noise Predictions (SPL in dB) Flow Field Note: For general sense of directional characterization of noise field. Use measured near-field noise locations aircraft noise emissions - hearing loss is the #1 disabilit okay, I got a 96 foreman 400, bone stock minus the car tires I have on it. (HAHAHA) I'll be driving along in 5th at about half throttle when all of a sudden it will lose power like it's bogging out, and I can hear a loud hissing coming from the exhaust. three times it's gotten so bad that even in second, wide open, it will barely move on a smooth road. then randomly it will regain power and. Recently installed a built 355 with new Dart Iron Eagle heads in my 1966 Impala for HRPT15. From the get-go this engine was plagued with valve train noise. The local engine builder commented that the noise was 'normal'. I began to suspect the noise was from excessive stem-to-guide clearance and found a couple oil-soaked sparkplugs Sue, I'm not sure about your engine size, but the 3.4 engines are commonly known for intake gasket leaks and the 3.8 is known for the intake manifold going bad. If the noise you hear is a fast tap or clatter near the top of the engine, it could be valve noise which would require you to have some cylinder head work done 3. Noise. A failing alternator will start to make a loud whining noise at idle, and the whining noise will increase with engine speed. Bad alternator sound can be confused with bad power steer pump noise. How to tell bad alternator noise vs. power steering noise? The alternator noise is not as loud as the power steering pump

If your Ford F250 is experiencing a whining noise, its is often going to be caused by something in the engine compartment. The likely cause of whining noise will be determined by when you hear the noise, and under what conditions. With that in mind, this page is divided by when you hear the whining noise, and common causes under those conditions.. 2002 GMC Envoy 90,000 mi, Visitor. Fan Clutch will fail, causing the cooling fan to be locked on. This results in loss of engine power, reduced fuel mileage, and a sound like there is a jet engine under the hood when accelerating. If you accelerate too hard it will set a check engine light condition for excessive fan speed Asked by tigersden Apr 17, 2014 at 09:33 PM about the 2005 Dodge Caravan C/V Cargo FWD. Question type: Maintenance & Repair. Started up and the noise was so loud it also loss my power steer.driving him it stopped. then upon start up it does it again.I cked all fluids plenty of power steering fluid. Upon The air/oil separator on the intake broke causing a check engine light for lean condition at idle and a loud howling noise when off the gas. 38000 mi US $1800: Engine cylinder suffered oil starvation in one of the cylinders. The engine was a complete loss. 59000 mi US $2200: replaced clutch and flywheel (Agency Power). Source of noise was. Key points about noise-induced hearing loss. Your child's inner ears may be damaged if he or she is around extremely loud noises or around loud noises for long periods of time. Noise-induced hearing loss is gradual and painless. Once the hearing nerve is destroyed, it is permanent. A hearing test can be done by an audiologist or an ENT

Diagnosing complete loss of power, valve tap, engine knock

Loud noise may raise risk for workplace injuries. NEW YORK (R Health) - Extremely loud noise on the job, as well as hearing loss from noise exposure, may cause workers to miss danger.

SA1150 Smart Electronic Turbo Actuator - Sacer Ltd|AutoProbe into military aircraft accidents concludes that U2001 Dodge Dakota Engine 47 L V8 - Ultimate DodgeBack-fire - Wikipedia